Monday, June 17, 2013

I've tried it all now what.....

I know its been a while since I've blogged.
I'm a crazy person I guess. I'll blog and blog then disappear.
Well I'm that hot and cold when it comes to fitness and food as well.

I'm to the point where I keep gaining back the same 13lbs (meaning I'm losing them too LOL)
So this morning when I had gained 1.2 lbs I was bummed.
But guess what I didn't workout for two days. I didn't eat healthy for two days. Why? Well I had a wedding in the middle of the afternoon on Saturday and yesterday we took my husband out for his father's day lunch.
Excuses excuses. Notice how each of those things affected 1 meal time yet I blew TWO full days.
This blog is on accountability. Getting back to the basics. Focusing on what worked and looking over that. I at first wanted a perfect eating week, a perfect fitness week, and to drop 5 pounds that same week. The more I realize how unrealistic I've been to myself, is the more I realized I am why I have caused myself to play with those 13 lbs. So what have I tried to get rid of it, YOU NAME IT. I've tried a ton of Beach Body workouts (that I love), running (that I love), and dieting (that I hate) through weight watchers, myfitnesspal, livestrong.com, ect. I've tried it and I successfully lost 35 pounds. But what about these 13. Why am I gaining?
Well I can't consistently complete a beach body workout. Why?
1. I don't schedule my workouts.
 2. I don't force myself to be commited when I'm to tired or somebody else wants to do something else, or we have a visitior over ect....
3. I start off strong but when it hurts I quit.... This is a truth here. I get an ache or a pain I convince myself that the program is too hard for me and  I'm not ready to do it.
Well I can't consistently diet. Why?
1. I don't meal plan (I don't set aside the time to research healthy meals and even when I buy healthy food I can't quite prepare them in good ways ugh)
2. If there is healthy food in the house, you'll eat healthy food. WRONG. I just go out to eat. Yep I said it. I like to eat out.
3. If the kids can have cookies, chips, and chocolate, why can't I.

So these are the things holding me back. Do I have a plan? Will I make it past these?
Well its Monday. Isn't Monday the most common start over day? YEP.
Yes I have a plan. Today I plan to clean up my fridge and pantry. Make a list of what healthy ingredients I have in my house and look up recipes that contain these items. THEN I plan to make a grocery list of items I need to make 6 healthy suppers. I always eat eggs for breakfast. I plan to boil eggs and create breakfast "trays" that I can microwave on the go. AS for lunch. This one is a toughy. I normally eat left overs or sandwiches. I believe I'll stick with leftovers. I have to keep lunch meats in the house for my husbands lunch. I've got a trick up my sleeve for that one (I think) that I'll tell you about later.

Now for the fitness. Currently I am struggling because if I workout I break out in hives if I don't the hives stay away. it  has been suggested that I just don't workout for a few weeks until the "situation" is healed and I no longer have to medicate for it.
Here's the deal, will the hives hurt me? NO. However they do itch and cause me to be crankier which means head for bad foods. How can I keep the hives at bay and still workout.
Well it depends on how HOT I get in a workout.
So get up earlier (when its cooler) Will be one of my goals.
walk more than jog for this week only. Do more miles to make up the difference.
So I'm not going to kill it in the fitness area THIS WEEK.

And that brings me to my final step here.
I can only do this if I break it down into small easy to accomplish goals and plans.
I plan to do this weekly. What is scheduled for next week will be done next Sunday on my off day.
This week.
Monday: Schedule workouts, plan groceries and make them both work until Sunday.
Goal: To lose 2 pounds by Sunday and to feel like I'm getting back on track.
I can't ask more of myself right now.
I need to be strong in the food department. Eat healthy, track everything, be prepared. And be HAPPY. God bless. Hope this post helps you realize we all fall off the wagon for a little bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment